The 10 Most-Common (Not-So-Obvious) Lessons about Failure & Inspiration
You’re about to read a list of the most important lessons I’ve learned in life. Some of these tips might seem obvious, but they’re not. The truth is that we all have our own unique set of obstacles to overcome and obstacles that we face as a collective. But what amazes me is how many of us lack the courage to take a chance on ourselves, even when we know it could be our path to success.
So here you go: my top lessons in life so far!
- Fear of failure – You can never succeed at anything if you don’t try!
- Look for inspiration – Look around you, there’s always someone who has done what you want to do or what you want to be. Take a lesson from them!
- Never feel sorry yourself – Instead, focus on doing more of what makes you happy and less of what makes others sad.
- Surround yourself with highly successful and motivated people – Find people who inspire you and spend time with them daily so they can help keep your spirits up when things get rough!
- Leverage the power of rejection – Rejection is part of being human; embrace it instead of avoiding it like some people do when they feel rejected
CATEGORIES YOU SHOULDN’T FALL INTO
If you fall into one of the following groups, you’re probably a failure:
- People who have given up on their dreams.
- The people who are always unfulfilled and never happy with where they are in life.
- The people who blame others for their failures.
EVERYWHERE YOU GO, LOOK FOR INSPIRATION
If any of these describes you, I’m here to tell you that it’s time to stop feeling sorry for yourself! Failing is a part of life—and the sooner we accept that fact, the sooner we can move on from our mistakes and start achieving our goals. So how do we get started? Here are some tips:
- Look for inspiration everywhere—you’ll find it in nature, in books, in songs, and even in other people’s stories.
- Never feel sorry for yourself—there’s always someone who has it worse than you do! It’s comforting to think that someone else has been through what we’ve been through, but at this point in our lives, we need to focus on ourselves and what we can do differently next time around.
- Surround yourself with highly successful and motivated people who will help push us forward when times get tough (and they inevitably will). You don’t want to be around negative energy at all.
- Don’t let failure stop you.
- It’s the one thing that can make you stronger, better and more successful than ever before.
- Fear of failure is a great motivator, but it can also hold you back from your dreams.
- Everything in life will have ups and downs – but you will learn from every experience that comes your way.
- Look for inspiration from other people who have overcome challenges to reach their goals. These people might be famous or not well-known at all, but they have shown us how to keep going even when things get hard.
- Never feel sorry for yourself when things don’t go right – it will only make things worse! Instead, congratulate yourself on the many times that you were able to overcome obstacles and achieve success in spite of them!
- Surround yourself with highly successful people who are willing to talk about failures too; they will help you see what went wrong so you can avoid making the same mistakes again in future.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF FAILURE
You know what’s the worst kind of failure? The kind that makes you feel like a failure.
The kind that makes you think, “I can’t do this.” Or even worse, “Why should I even try?”
You know what else is the worst kind of failure? The kind that makes you feel sorry for yourself.
The kind that makes you think, “I suck.” Or even worse, “I’m just not good enough.”
FEAR IS YOUR BIGGEST ENEMY AND INSPIRATION IS YOUR GREATEST FRIEND
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my time, it’s this: Fear is your biggest enemy and inspiration is your greatest friend.
FEAR VERSUS INSPIRATION
Fear of failing? Inspiration to keep going! Fear of feeling like a loser who doesn’t deserve anything good? Inspiration to try harder! Fear of rejection? Inspiration to keep going! Fear of making mistakes? Inspiration to make fewer mistakes! Fear of looking silly in front of others? Inspiration to be more confident! Fear of looking silly in front of yourself? Inspiration to look at yourself with love and compassion! Fear makes us freeze up and stop moving forward; inspiration keeps us pushing forward.
Although there are many fears in life, you must always find motivation.